Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sizzix Blog Hop - Twist Cube


Here's my take on the Twist Cube ... no twisting involved!
I thought, and I do hate to be redundant ...
(I'd so much rather have a clever different way to say this)
... so again, I thought ...
blank canvas!
What a great way to showcase six little Christmas
icons - all at a cute little 3" x 3" size!!!

Here they are:


 The Christmas Puppy 



 The Christmas Kitty


 

 The Christmas Star - all tangled in lights ...


A Snowman with Earmuffs! 

 

 A Snowman in a Floppy Hat - with Jingle Bell ...
and lastly, my personal favorite: 


 A Snowman in a Woolly Tasseled Scarf!!

If you're ready to move on, just click the
Sizzix Blog Hop blinkie at the top right side of this post ...

... if you'd like to see more,
here are a few Work In Progress photos: 


 This is what we all started with ^ 


I painted a sheet of textured acrylic paper black. 


 I cut the painted paper into six 3" x 3" squares; 


 distressed the edges with a sanding block ...


 ... made myself six small patterns ... 


... transferred each pattern onto a paper square
with white transfer paper ... 


... painted, shaded, highlighted, and then outlined
the details with a permanent marker. 


Assembled the cube, and centered a painted paper
square onto each side of the cube.
I used red line tape to adhere the centers
of each paper square ...
... then glued around the edges to keep them from curling.

I can't wait for the hop this morning -
to see what these amazingly creative designers
have done with the Twist Cube!

17 comments:

Karen B said...

Wow! This looks so solid - I wouldn't have guessed it was made with paper underneath. I love it! Thank you for showing off the versatility of this die and for sharing your amazing talents with the hop. In a million years I couldn't do what you do. This is brilliant!

Candice Windham said...

This is gorgeous! I love the designs-so fresh and, well, Christmasy!

Anonymous said...

Man, I wish I could paint! Love them all!

Jen Goode said...

I love how festive and fun this is!

Gretchen said...

This is adorable, you did a great job!

madelinesthoughts said...

Very nice ... love your painting!

Cindy Rippe said...

Love your designs!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much, ladies!!! :D

Denise Clason Studios said...

What a beautiful ornament! you are so talented to create your own images and paint them! just amazing!

Ann Butler said...

so whimsical, what a great project!

Unknown said...

I love the Christmas characters you chose. How fun!

Cheryl said...

So cute! Love the painting!

Brenda Pinnick said...

Awesome! Love your art, it's so much fun! This turned out darling!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your comments!
:D

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Very cute! Love the snowmen theme. Such a lot of work went into this and it shows!

Melony Bradley said...

Very original and I just love your painted designs- this looks so expensive

HawaiianLibrarian said...

You are a gifted artist and your cube is a perfect gift for someone special. Mahalo for sharing all the how-tos.