Monday, October 18, 2010

Birthday Card & Bookmark

 
 I have two girlfriends with a birthday this past
weekend ... and someone in our church mom's group had the 
great idea of sending each girlfriend
a card on her birthday.

Instead of one card, they would receive an individual card
from each of us.  How clever!

I've been painting scarecrows of all shapes and sizes
this Fall ... so I decided to share the love:
a cute Autumn Bookmark!
  
For the card, I had a standard 6.5" x 3.5" security envelope.
I chose two paper colors: orange and turquoise.

 
Cut the orange paper into a 6.25" x 6" rectangle; fold it in half.
Cut the turquoise paper into a 2.5" x 5.5" rectangle.
Cut a 1.5" square from the orange paper.
Ink the edges with a Burnt Umber ink pad.
Stamp "Happy Birthday" onto the small square.


Secure the layers with double-sided tape.  Tuck the bookmark inside.
So sweet!

No comments: