Saturday, October 24, 2009

Fall Vacation


Well ... for all you interested parties who wanted to know what in the world we were planning to do in Omaha, Nebraska (of all places) ... we went to the Henry Doorly Zoo.

The weather was much colder than we'd anticipated, but the zoo was fabulous (and worth two repeat trips during our five day stay!) We ate at many local restaurants - never the same place twice - and the food was amazing!

My plan was to take journals for each child to write in about their experiences, but decided at the last moment (thanks to a friend's suggestion) to leave the journals behind and let the kids enjoy their vacay. The Jocelyn Museum was fascinating, but I would have to say that the highlight of our vacation was spending a day at the Omaha Children's Museum. The kiddos - ages 5 to 11 - really enjoyed the hands-on experiences there, and it was relaxing and educational.

Now that we've been home a week and the laundry is finally caught up, the dishes are done, the house is somewhat tidy - my plan is to finally pick up a paintbrush. We had some children sleep over last night; now to a rookie that might suggest that my day will be spent entertaining, feeding and practically keeping my thumb on top of all of these children to avoid armageddon, but those seasoned parents know that a few extra friends and a Wii means I have some free time on my hands.

Waiting Projects ... Here I Come!

No comments: