Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hangin' Around ... aka Hook Racks!

Inspiration can be found in the most unexpected places ... like a flea market, for instance. Now, maybe I went in looking for something to paint on - but I didn't expect to be inspired by some filthy lengths of crown moulding from who knows when ... Surprise!!I purchased these, cleaned them up with hot wat
er, even applied several coats of tung oil. Once I realized how handy they were in the garage ...
... I went to the home improvement store and bought raw wood moulding to recreate my project. I cut the 12' length into smaller pieces, painted them, distressed them, stained them, and added fun hooks. You can find them behind the bedroom doors in the kids' rooms, and in the mudrooms and stairwells of my friends and family.


Now I have a new addiction ... not only do I have a tote bag fetish, a shoe fetish, a paper fetish (I know!), now I have a Hook Fetish! All shapes and sizes!
I love these hook racks! They give me a place to corral my collections!

No comments: