Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Frito Chili Pie

I started this an hour before Doc got home from work.
He thinks it simmered in the pot all day.
shh.  Some secrets are better left untold.  ;)





I browned a pound of ground beef in a pot
with 1/2 cup water and 1t oil.
(I add the oil because the beef I buy is very lean).


Add Williams seasoning (1/2 envelope).
Add 1 can Ro-Tel, 1 can kidney beans,
1 can corn - all undrained.



Here's the chili ... mmm!!!




 Add freshly grated sharp cheddar,




diced onion, jalepenos, sour cream ...
... whatever makes you happy.


And Frito Pie would just be ... Chili Pie
without the Fritos:




Delicious!


My daughter spooned chili
onto a plate of corn chips and covered
it all with cheese ...


that looked pretty tasty, too.


And now that we've eaten,
I'm off to check the progress on our barn.


Here's hoping!


Peace Out

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, that looks good! I think I'll have to try it.