Friday, February 3, 2012

Valentine's Day Teacher Gift

 WELCOME!!!

It's a dark and dreary day here,
so I thought I'd buzz out to my studio
and create something FUN!!!


Here's a quick and easy teacher's gift idea
for Valentine's Day:

Supplies: *Ceiling Tile (mine is 12" square)
*Fringed Valentine Garland
*Acrylic Paint (Black and White)
Hot Glue
Scissors, Paintbrush, Transfer Paper
and a Sawtooth Hanger




 I used a sponge roller to paint the
ceiling tiles black.




Next, write the teacher's name
in 3" block letters on tracing paper.

Here's a TIP:
The copier is your friend.
If you aren't comfortable writing in 3" block letters,
write the name in normal-sized lettering
and use the copier to enlarge
the letters to the desired size.




Also, I love graph paper.


And I love enlarging graph paper with
my copier, and using it as a guide
for all my handwriting patterns.
Hope this helps ya.




Center the words on the tile
and transfer your pattern lines
using light colored transfer paper and a stylus.




I thinned white paint with water to
an ink-like consistency, and
painted over my pattern lines with
a round paintbrush.






Allow the paint to dry thoroughly,
and trim the Valentine garland to 48".




Starting at one corner of the tile,
use the hot glue gun to attach the garland
to the outside edges of the ceiling tile.




I used the hot glue to secure
a sawtooth hanger to the back of the 
ceiling tile for easy hanging.




Line up the hanger and mark
the holes with a pencil.




Two dollops of hot glue
right on top of each of your marks.




Smoosh the hanger in place for
exactly a quarter of a second and VOILA!!!
Instant hanging awesomeness.




Peace and Super Easy Giftyness!!!

No comments: