Friday, March 30, 2012

School Spirit Bulletin Board

School Spirit Bulletin Board


Our boys basketball team won State this year,
so I've made a quick and easy
School Spirit Bulletin Board for his bedroom:




All you'll need to make this is a 24" x 36"
cork bulletin board, acrylic paints,
and some tracing paper and transfer paper.




This is what I started with.




I coated the whole thing lightly with two coats
of matte black spray paint.




I used a foam roller to apply two coats
of red acrylic paint.




It's looking much better after the second coat!!




I made a pattern on tracing paper and lined
it up on my bulletin board.




I used a light colored transfer paper and a
stylus to transfer the pattern lines.




Paint the letters with white acrylic paint
and a 1/2" flat paint brush.




Shade around the letters and the
mascot picture in the center with Burnt Umber.




Shade lower half of letters with Honey Brown.
Paint the mascot.
Outline with thinned black acrylic paint
and a liner brush.
Seal with a clear matte finish spray paint.


Now I need to come up with some
clever thumb tacks for his new groovy
bulletin board!!
 

Peace and Champions!!

No comments: