Friday, September 17, 2010

Paint Slinging

Oooh!  This looks promising!

Okay, so I've spent the better part of the week under the covers with a heating pad on my chest taking decongestants, drinking hot toddies, and reading crime novels.  When my doctor suggested it was time for a trip to the lab for bloodwork, I wasn't thrilled to get out of bed, but definitely needed a change of scenery.  

I went through the day in a sort of cloudy sinus-y haze ... not sure any of my thoughts were complete or worth sharing.  Managed to make the trip to the lab speedy quick and easy, and found myself in a little shopping town about an hours drive away but not really in the mood for ... anything, really.  My first stop was Academy - something sort of just pulled me in there and I bought socks for my six and ten year old.  Lots of socks.  I spent a few crafty hours looking at everything on the shelves in Michael's and Hobby Lobby, pampered myself with a little retail therapy at the mall, met up with a couple of girlfriends and a five year old for lunch - the Greek salad was very tasty after a week of dusty crackers, and the waffle fry that ended up bouncing off my foot looked ... greasy.  


But I have to say that the highlight of my day (other than happening on some girly girlfriends at the mall and engaging a mostly adult conversation for a change) was when I came home to this ...


Lots and lots and lots of stuffing ... but I finally found the treasure!
Now my ten year old is camping with friends, my twelve year old has three friends on the couch in front of the tv, my six and eight year old are on the bedroom floor behind a spread of Polly Pocket Treehouses, army men and dinosaurs ... and I am gonna sling some paint!

I can't wait to show you what these are going to be ... I'll give you a hint ... yes, they're beverage trays, and no, that's not what they'll end up as.  I'm going to add ball feet and a lot of paint, stitch up a fluffy custom pillow and - voila!  Doggie beds!
Look for these in a future issue of Painting(R) magazine.  ;)

Peace out!  My paintbrushes are calling me ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see what you create

Sandy said...

Amazing! Can't wait to see!