Thursday, October 7, 2010

Snickerdoodles - Mmm!!!

I probably wouldn't call this recipe "simple" but, it IS worth the effort!


These are our favorite cookies!  Amelia wanted to make
these to put in her teacher's goody pail.


Here we go ... Heat oven to 400°.  Line two baking sheets 
with parchment paper and set aside.

In an electric mixer,
beat 1 1/2 Cups Sugar, 1/2 Cup Butter, softened,
1/2 Cup Shortening, and 2 Large Eggs.


When it looks like this - (yum) - add the dry ingredients:


2 3/4 Cups Flour, 2 teaspoons Cream of Tartar,
1 teaspoon Baking Soda, 1/4 teaspoon Salt

Mix well, then scoop out a teaspoon at a time and shape
into balls ... 


In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 Cup Sugar & 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
Roll the dough balls in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.


 Place about 2 inches apart onto the parchment lined sheet.


I know there aren't two inches between these ... I didn't 
photograph my OCD (me moving and shifting and rearranging each
dough ball until it was perfectly symmetrical before putting
them in the oven to bake).  You'll just have to imagine that part!


Un-Official Taste Tester!


Because I was making these for the goody pail, I made a
baking sheet full of half-size dough balls ...



Bake at 400° for 10 minutes (I baked the smaller ones for 8 minutes).


Immediately remove from baking sheet to wire rack to cool.
Here's how I wrapped the smaller cookies for the pail:

One dozen smaller cookies on a piece of waxed paper.

Roll 'em up.

All the way up.

Pinch the ends, fold over, secure with tape.

Both ends.

Wrap in a paper towel, tie your gift tag around the top, stick it in the pail.


Here she is ... I hope she likes her birthday goody pail
full of Snickerdoodles!


Happy Birthday (again) Mrs. Lee!  I feel like we've been
celebrating all week long!

... what's next?

No comments: