Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Snack Mix (Revisited)

I am not a cook!


But, my kids like to eat, so I have a
(very) few simple recipes that I can make.

I noticed some trouble with
my original post not showing the entire
recipe - as I'm in the kitchen
making another batch!!!

So, I've been fiddling and fudging with
the original post for over an hour now ...
and I've finally decided to repost.




Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
Melt one stick of unsalted butter in
a large pan in the oven.


Add 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire,
1 1/2 Teaspoons Seasoned Salt,
3/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder,
and 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder.
Stir together.


 Add 3 Cups EACH Rice, Corn, and Wheat Chex.
1 Cup Nuts (Cashews), and 1 Cup Pretzels.


Stir together well.
Heat in the oven for one hour;
stirring well every 15 minutes.


After one hour, spread snack mix
onto paper towels to cool.
Mix will be warm and soft at first,
but will crisp up as it cools.


Store in an air-tight container.
I've kept it for up to six weeks, and
it stays fresh and crisp.
The only reason it lasted that long
around here was because in a
mad cleaning spell I "hid" it
in the pantry ...
out of sight, out of mind, I guess!





This is a great recipe for gift giving -
I mix up several batches
every Christmas.

Enjoy!!!

- Peace Out -

2 comments:

TheresaCifali said...

OH MEG! This brings back fantastic memories from my childhood. I can just smell it! Thank you so much.

Unknown said...

One of the dance moms told me to bring it this weekend (dance competition) HA! It's nearly gone already!!!