Friday, November 11, 2011

Tasty Snack Mix

While looking up an old post for Snack Mix,
I discovered that something was awry with the pics.
Somehow the text beneath each photo
was somehow showing up as a
big blank teal box.
We can't have that now, can we??
Certainly not!!!

The reason I was looking up the
recipe for my snack mix?
I want to make some for my sweet friend
for her birthday.
Happy Birthday, Crafty Girlfriend!!!




I decided to post a "new" snack mix recipe.
Be forewarned, My Most Awesome Photographer
was at school when I made this,
so that explains the pics.




Melt one stick of butter (unsalted)
in a large pan in a 250°oven.

Did ya get all that??
Heat oven to 250°.  Put a stick a buttah
in a large pan.  Melt it.  ;)




Add 2T Worcestershire Sauce,
1 1/2 t Seasoned Salt,
3/4 t Garlic Powder & 1/2 t Onion Powder.




Stir until well mixed.




Add 1 C nuts.
You could use mixed nuts;
I like to use cashews or almonds.




Add 1 C Goldfish Crackers.
Or not.  Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.
I'm unpredictable like that.




Add 1 C pretzels.
I've never used the pretzel chips before;
I usually use the checkerboard pretzels or
the small pretzel twists.
Whatever floats yer boat.





Add 3 C each of:
Corn Chex, Wheat Chex, & Rice Chex.




Bake in the 250° oven for one hour,
stirring thoroughly every 15 minutes.




Spread onto paper towels to cool.
At first the mix will be warm and soft,
but it will crisp up as it cools.




When it's completely cooled,
store it in an air tight container.
It usually disappears pretty quickly around
here, but I can truthfully say that
one time it was around for about a month,
and it was still fresh and delicious.




Happy Birthday, Crafty Girlfriend!!!




No two batches of my Snack Mix
ever look alike.  This was from my original
Snack Mix post long, long ago.




Sometimes CG and I have our pic taken together.
I have no recollection of wearing that dress.
I do know, however, that it is still hanging
in my closet in a dry cleaning bag.
What necklace is that?
I wonder if my memory will improve
when I go gluten and caffeine free?
I'll let ya know.
If I don't forget.




Sometimes CG and I have our pic taken
with our hubsters.
Which brings me to ...
who took the pic?


I dunno.


Peace and Snack Mix
Happy Birthday, Danielle!

No comments: